Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bacon Overdose

I entered Grandma Lucy's Bacon and Brown Sugar Spaghetti into the Pasta Sauce Contest benefiting Little Travelers today. I didn't know how stiff my competition was going to be, but I thought, "c'mon everybody loves bacon."

I woke up bright and early and with the help of Mindy, my sous chef, we cooked up 4 pounds of bacon and whipped up G-ma Lucy's famous sauce. Cooking is fun, but not when you're doing it for a solid 2 hours and getting splatter burns on your arms.

Needless to say, this was a full on labor of love and I was ready to pimp out my sauce hardcore.

I freaked at the last moment and maybe overcompensated with the brown sugar but hopefully people weren't just being polite when they ate it.
Here we go!
The sauce is so thick the spoon stands on its own.

Bacon carnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment