Thursday, May 19, 2011

Residual Effects

Jet Lag. Reverse Culture Shock. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's been a little over a week since I've returned stateside and all these conditions are slowly abating. I came home to Texas a little shell shocked and fell into a metaphorical black hole. Laying in bed at 4 am wondering why the heck I came back to my parents' house. Did I leave too soon? Was the party just getting started? Why am I so masochistic to walk away from so many good things?

I've slowly returned to the world of the living. Left the pity party I gave myself, allowing only one week to celebrate/be miserable, and now am trying to move onward and upward.

My last few months in Seoul were INCREDIBLE and if EVERY single month could be like that, then absolutely, I would stay in Seoul forever. But I know that wherever I am, I will not have an incredible month all the time. As long as the incredible people who have been in my life for the past 2 years stay in my life, then it won't matter where I am or where they are.  This magical period of my life will stay that way. I got so much more out of this round than I did the first. Of course, I was a little more wiser, a little more experienced. But I also had more of an appreciation for what the city had to offer me.

Dear Reader, I'm not sure what direction this new road is taking me but I'm excited for the next journey. I've still got a few more things to blog about regarding Korea/Seoul/etc, so I'm not putting this blog to rest quite yet. Just want you to know that if you still have any questions about teaching or living in Korea, I'm still more than happy to offer my own two cents!

It's been amazing. Truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment