Friday, September 11, 2009

Boooo-san

The more time I spend in Busan the more grateful I am when I return to Seoul. It's not that I don't appreciate the beach, but honestly, Busan is a poor man's Seoul... However, I did want to take advantage of the last of the summer sun so Liz, Lori, and I took the KTX on a Saturday morning to Busan last weekend. We met up with a few people who rented out the "penthouse" of a motel. We had a sick view of the ocean from our balcony!


The weather could not have been more perfect, the sky was crystal clear and I was a little worried about the crowds we would have to battle to find a spot on the sand. However, I was pleasantly surprised once we saw the sand and surf. There was hardly anyone on the beach! Once September rolls around, the Koreans stay away from the beach like Way-gooks stay away from white after Labor Day.

If I had taken a picture at this spot a month earlier you would not have been able to see much more than umbrellas everywhere!

At times, I felt like I was back in the states, it was so strange to overhear conversations in English. I did see a lot more foreigners this time around. Apparently there was some sort of surf competition going on... though, as you can see, the waves were less than gnarly.

We spread out and soaked up the sun. I could feel the vitamin D soak in and felt very content with the few hours outside. With an encore of sun the next morning I felt revitalized and energized... but I still fell asleep at 8:30 on Sunday night when I got back to Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment