Monday, April 12, 2010

New culture of bacteria found in my fridge!

I did it guys. I took the plunge and excavated my fridge because I bought GROWN UP GROCERIES!!

That's right, Casey is turning a new leaf (is this still considered the New Year???). I spent 2 hours at Kim's Club and bought:

  • Beef
  • Chicken
  • Lemon juice AND lime juice, soy sauce, black pepper, basil, pine nuts
  • Cranberries
  • pesto
  • yogurt
  • spaghetti
  • HEINZ FRIGGIN 57!!!!! I literally jumped for joy when I saw this
  • spinach. That's right. I bought spinach!
Notice there is an absence of cereal, ramen noodles, or any kind of junk food. I don't think this has ever occurred in a purchase before... (actually I'm omitting the beef jerky bites purchase because it was economical, 1 plus 1 (as they like to call the 2 for 1 deal in Konglish)).

Now here's the challenge that I'm giving you. Look at these ingredients and tell me what kind of meal I can make with all this stuff. The winner will receive my eternal respect and adulation.

With all of my new found treasures, I had to make space in my fridge for my food. Which meant that after all these months of growing fur that would make PETA proud, it was finally time to chuck:

  • The freezer burned strawberries and onion skin I kept in the freezer to prevent from getting more moldy than they already were
  • The grayish fuzzy salami that I hid away in my vegetable crisper (because, well, if you know me, I would never USE a crisper for its actual intended use)
  • the two packages of green and black (once orange!) blocks of cheddar I stuffed behind my bucket of bacon grease
  • My can of Philadelphia green/cream cheese
  • milk (won't even tell you what came outta that carton)

No comments:

Post a Comment