Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On the Bus

After a chilly field trip today at Yongsan Family Park, I decided to bus it home after work. I was sitting next to the window, zoning out, listening to my iPod when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder and saw a Korean man gesturing. I assumed he wanted me to press the button to let the driver know to stop. Then I realized he was pointing out that I had something in my hair. We were outside, it was windy, and I thought I got most of the floating seeds and flowers out of my hair earlier.

I then let a total stranger groom me. He wasn't creepy or anything. He plucked out a few seeds, laid them in my hand and we continued on our way.

At my stop, I got up, beeped my transit card and as the doors opened, I turned back and bowed, "Kamsahamnida!"

No comments:

Post a Comment