Saturday, June 27, 2009

July in June

Had a lovely Sunday brunch with family. My cousins, SunMi and SunHee, their mama aka my aunt, or "Emo" (not to be confused with the dark eyeliner/dramatic sideswept bangs/whiny music Emo) and SunHee's husband met me at SunMi's new restaurant, a French restaurant in Seoul Village called, "July."

I'm still a bit confused as to why July is not... Juillet... but I didn't bring it up in conversation, I might next time around.

This brunch was on the heavy side, nothing very light about it. The 5 course meal started innocently enough with fresh baked baguettes and olive oil followed with pot au feu d'escargots with crostinis (yum!!). Why is it that the only two times I've had escargots have been in Korea?
Next we had scallops on top of asparagus and those clover looking things (is it just clover?) followed by silver cod atop ratatouille veggies.

The main course was 30 hour cooked pork on top of spinach and cabbage in a mustard sauce... Now I HATE mustard (I can't even stand the smell of it) but this was such a light and airy sauce I was pleased to say I cleaned my plate. The pork itself was delicious! Very tender and moist.
Finally the meal was topped off with a cream cheese mousse avec fresh fruits and the best latte I've had in Korea.

My cousin did a great job designing the space, it has dark wood bamboo paneling with gorgeous lighting. It's very small but doesn't feel cramped at all. Not to mention, the waitstaff was very good looking. She said I can pick a guy out and she'll set me up with him.

Besides the food, the company was wonderful. It had been about 7 years since I had seen my cousin, SunHee, and her husband and they were both very friendly and we were able to keep good conversation going. Unfortunately there is something wrong with my camera so I wasn't able to take any pictures, but the restaurant is very close to my apartment so I will most likely go again in the future.

Had a great weekend and have unfortunately fallen behind on my blogs but I hope to fix that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment