Monday, June 1, 2009

I'll do it tomorrow

So far, I've done pretty well with keeping my place tidy. I attacked my closet, bed, and bathroom when I first moved in. But I haven't been able to lift a finger when it comes to the kitchen.

I've even bought disposable bowls and cups so I don't have to wash anything or put anything away. Yes, not environmentally friendly, I know.

Several reasons why I haven't been able to tackle the kitchen yet:
  1. There's food that was left over from the previous teacher, some of it I want to chuck but then there's stuff like salt and seasonings. I don't want to sort and separate.
  2. The dishes and silverware sitch isn't very good. I don't want to throw anything away though until I can buy the proper stuff at E-Mart when I get my next paycheck.
  3. No garbage disposal in the sinks over here... They use a sink basket that collects all the stuff that isn't water. Haven't found a sink basket to replace it and I don't want to touch anything in the sink that isn't mine... Like someone else's hair in the bath drain... BLECH, puke.
  4. Not having any food to cook makes it easy to feel like you don't have to clean anything.

So I asked Mikey Teacher how I can get over all these objections and just clean the damn kitchen, to which he replied:

Mike: Best way to attack it is to make a big mess all over everything, like throw a jar of spaghetti sauce against the wall. Something that's impossible to live with. Then you HAVE to clean it all.

Makes sense, right?

1 comment:

  1. the smell of old curry, hot wings and cilantro is being contained underneath my sink until i buy trashbags to throw that shit away

    ReplyDelete