Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shoulda Been a Soju Bottle

So, the Winter Olympics are underway in Vancouver. I have never been one of those people who said, "The Winter Olympics! Woo hoo! Awesome! I'm so excited!" Actually I've never been one of those people ever when it comes to sporting events (I only like the Superbowl cuz I get to eat copious amounts of wings).

However, this year, while not really psyched about any event in particular, I have been keeping up with it more than usual. By this, I mean, I'll have the TV on in the background while I'm on the internet, and I watched half of the procession of Olympians.

As an expat, you are faced with a significant dilemma: Who should you root for in the Olympics? Well, my vote is for South Korea. I would be prouder (more proud?) to see SK win the gold over America. Why?
2 reasons:

1) Kim, Yuna (or Yuna Kim for everyone outside of the Peninsula) because she is Korea's darling right now.
2) Because the South Koreans are feisty and they say, "Homey don't play that" to other countries by throwing water bottles at their coaches. Lucky the Olympics aren't in Seoul, otherwise you'd be ducking from a flying green soju bottle

Koreans love ice skating and they love Lady Gaga... so they might be rooting for flamboyant Johnny Weir....


No comments:

Post a Comment