Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Walking into Spider Webs

We checked into the Zebra Apartments on Monday night and our host was the lovely, Cindy Crawford. Yes ladies and gentlemen, Cindy Crawford.



 After having a much deserved rest after two days of straight travel, I woke up on Tuesday feeling slightly more optimistic about my stay in Taiwan. This won't be too bad I thought.

As I rolled over to turn on the light, I saw something creeping along the stark white wall underneath the top bunk about 2 feet away from my head. What. the. hell. is. this.

I had a staring contest with a spider. And I know we were staring at each other because I could see ITS EYES!! I COULD SEE ITS EYES!!!

Now we were both still enough for me to think, "do not panic and freak Mindy out" because I knew should there be a huge commotion, it would give Aragog a chance to scatter away. I leapt out of bed and began to whisper, "Mindy. Mindy. Spider. Spider."

Mindy promptly leapt out of bed and said, "OOOOH SHIT!"

We grabbed each other as I pointed to the wall where that arrogant arachnid just smiled defiantly and said, "Whatchoo goin' do bout it?"

The only logical thing I could think of was:

a) grab a camera
b) proceed to document the following events

Do you see that little reflective spot? That's right, those are the EYES! I tried to get some scale into this picture, it had the span of the palm of my hand.




All cute and dead now.



So a few days later, Ms. Crawford comes strolling in and was all, "So sorry, I hear about spider. So sad!"

Mindy and I look at each other quizzically and Cindy continues, "Yeah, I see her in there a few days ago so I just scoop her out and put her on tree outside."

I hate nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment