Friday, September 3, 2010

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

After a month of R&R, I came back to Seoul refreshed, revitalized, re-energized.

The first day back was swell. I wasn't terribly jet lagged, my students were absolute angels and they missed me, I enjoyed my first wing night back with Mikey teacher. And then I went to my apartment.

I opened my purse. I could not find my key. I called Stephanie teacher (who at this moment was still cat sitting for me) and told her she'll need to board two Caseys that night.

The next day and 70,000 won later, I have a new key along with a brand new lock on my door. Yay. Welcome back.

The day after that, Typhoon Kompasu decides to shake things up. I wake to shrieking wind, and as I look out my window, roof tiles spin by and the satellite dish next to my window is knocked over. I take a minute to breathe a sigh of relief that these thick steel bars over my window will prevent anything from crashing in and shattering glass everywhere. Although, these same steel bars would seal my fate should I have a fire preventing my only exit out of my apartment. Back to apocalypse:

At 7:30 receive a txt from the boss lady: " u can come to school today at 11 because of typhoon"
Score. Meet Mindy and Steph at Coffee Bean in Gangnam to celebrate because, coincidentally, as soon as boss lady sends txt, the skies clear, the winds die, and the typhoon just makes an abrupt and quiet exit.

So this has been my first week back.... it's like I never really left.
My Texas cat, Bosie, thanks you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment