Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seoul, the Ultimate Indian Giver

Just when I think I'm through the woods and that I've conquered jet lag, I woke up this morning not feeling too hot. I tried my best to stay mellow all day and not get myself worked up about anything but really it's too darn hard to not be enthusiastic with some of my kiddos.

By the afternoon classes I was ready to pass out, but the afternoon head teacher came up to me and asked if I could teach a make-up class. Rather than wanting to come across as a stubborn and sissy foreigner I obliged. It wasn't too bad but my head progressively got hotter and hotter.

Oh, did I mention I was supposed to move into my apartment today? I had two parcels shipped to the school, waiting to take them to the new apartment so I took these and a lovely big purple floral comforter (no really. you shouldn't have.) via taxi to my new digs. First impression, liveable. Second impression, the door is going to fall off in the bathroom. The only only thing I wanted to do was plop on the naked mattress and curl up into a ball. But Andy, the Korean guy who gets to do most of the grunt work, said, "Ok, we go old apart-uh." I didn't think I'd make it but I soldiered on to Seocho Station and concentrated really really really hard while standing on the subway. Finally when we reached Apgujeong I turned to Andy and with my arms crossed in an X just said, I need to eat and sleep. I have not felt this type of exhaustion in a very long time. The draining fatigue wrung all my willpower out and it wouldn't have surprised me if I fell into a heap on the bus.

I shoved a kimbap down my throat so at least I wouldn't go to bed on an empty stomach and then I stood under a scalding shower for about 20 minutes. It definitely helped and so will the Nyquil gelcap I just took. The only reason why I'm writing this rght now is because I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog next since my apartment does not have internet and cable set up.

Bright side? Tell me please!

2 comments:

  1. Bright side: the percentage has been climbed into the high 80s that I'll be heading your way soon. well, 11 hours closer and then 1 hour on the subway.

    ReplyDelete