Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I've tipped over the quarter century mark as of yesterday... but the great thing about time changes is that I actually was celebrating my birthday over a 3 day span as some wishes spilled over and a few sent pre-emptive birthday wishes the night before (which would be 2 days before in Texas).

Anyways, my 26th definitely topped my 25th. It started with:
* An awesomely decorated desk courtesy of Mindy and Stephanie filled with goodies from our local Family Mart. All the delicacies were there: Pringles, Corn Chips, Snickers, Kisses, and a Coke.
* Adorable birthday cards made by Yellow Class during Circle Time. Louis even wrote, "Casey Teacher. I love you many much. You can be me teacher every day. Monday, Tusday, Wendsday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You are my favorite."
* A birthday serenade from all of the Super Kids classes plus afternoon teachers and a way too rich cake from Tous Les Jours (bien sur!)
*Copious well wishings on my FB profile. NOW I understand why we have Facebook. The self validation you get from seeing so many people who you know (and who you kind of/sort of know) seeing the reminder on the right screen telling them it's your birthday. It's the equivalent of having your name in the phone book... you're SOMEBODY!
*An awesome dinner at On The Border with my teachers treating me to dinner and yes half a margarita, because we all know, that's the limit. I think my alcohol tolerance has gone down considerably since turning 21...
*But what truly was the icing on the cake was this. And honestly this was the best thing I could have gotten....

1 comment: