Thursday, April 30, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole

First off, as you can see I have made it safely back to Seoul... I feel like Jack when he wakes up, again, back on the island. You look around and go, "awww sheeeeeyit" as you find yourself back with Paris Baguette, Kim bap Houses, Buy the Ways, high school girls in their uniforms with blunt bangs and thick glasses walking in herds, pushy shove-y older businessmen and ajumas on the subway, street food, spit on the sidewalk, T-cards, fan death, Korean popsicles and ice cream!!, the Face Shop, noraebangs, the familiar unfamilar faces....

Arrived on Tuesday and have been observing my classes that I will take over on Monday. School is pretty good- I certainly feel as though I've lucked out with the students, they're smart and eager for the most part. Other teachers are very friendly and I am looking forward to getting to know them better. Last real thing that I'm worrying about is my apartment which I move into on Wednesday. I don't need a big place, I don't need a new place, I just want a clean place.... So we'll see in a few days.

Currently residing in a pretty iffy "apartment."Bathroom makes me shudder everytime I go in it. Anyways, it's now 7:00 and I've been up since about 5 and I've usually just read my Twilight book in the morning to pass the time but in an act of desperation to charge my iPod I plugged in my computer and said to myself, hey maybe I should see if I can get free internet. Wam-Bam, Thank You M'am. it works!! Aaah it feels so much better than being in a PC Bang with all the Starcraft enthusiasts.

Talking to Liz on GChat right now and am excited to learn she will be here at the end of the month!!! Met up with Jon last night in Hongdae, we had dweji-galbi and then went to a new bar by the owner of Nabi. "Cho-wah-yo!!!!!!!!!!"

Ok gonna shower and what not. It's sad when you have to wear slippers in your OWN shower because you don't want to touch anything on the floor... :(

1 comment:

  1. i was supposed to go to hongdae last night... but the pre-drinking was too damn fun. i hope you're still meeting me at 1pm today, i'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete