Saturday, April 11, 2009

Little boxes, little boxes

And they're all full of ticky tacky...

Perhaps I'm being a little "too prepared" in going off to Korea. I don't even have my visa issuance number yet and already I have four boxes ready to be shipped to Korea... You may say, "Casey! 4 boxes? You're only there for a year!"

Yes, dear reader, I know that I have a problem with the term "traveling light" but in my defense, I have a fabulous mother who only wants her daughter to live more than comfortably. A few weeks ago, I went to the post office and found they no longer do shipping by boat (only by air) and the two boxes would have cost about $160 to ship. So initially I thought I would have to lighten the load. But mom found something called "tae bek" in Dallas' Korea town that ships packages at HALF the cost... Nice-uh.


So after trolling http://daveseslcafe.com/ I had an idea of what I should pack/send to Korea and what I should wait to buy once I arrive.


Shipping to Korea:
  • Fitted bed sheets (400 bamboo threadcount baby!)

  • My big towels (2 of em and 1 handtowel), and a beach towel

  • pillow

  • toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste, floss) and medicine (Nyquil, Dayquil, Tylenol, etc)

  • some sort of mattress liner thingie

  • books

  • DVDs

  • Clothes that I won't wear before I leave

  • Shoes (yes. All 17 pairs)

If I could, I would pack my cat.

1 comment: