Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm in a Dallas State of Mind

Today was my "Appreciate Dallas" day with Bobo. We started out trying to find a lovely field of Texas Wildflowers to take some pictures (Thanks Lady Bird!!) and ended up at White Rock Lake. Sadly there were no flower fields around the lake. Just cement and water. It seems Lady Bird and her posse prefered to scatter wildflower seeds on the highway and on medians in Plano. Seeing as we'd get hit by some sort of passing vehicle we didn't get any pictures with the wildflowers this time. But we did drive by some lovely houses in "The Cloister."

After cruising White Rock we headed over to dine al fresco over Spinach Enchiladas and Veggies DeAnn at a nice TexMex joint off East Mockingbird. And really what's Dallas without NorthPark Mall? When one thinks of DTown one always thinks of Mia Farrow taking a skinny dip inthe NorthPark Mall Fountain, n'est-ce pas?

Alright so it wasn't a typical Dallas day but truly what made it so Dallas was that I was able to spend the day with my dear friend, Bobo who can truly make you appreciate this town for all itscampy glory. I missed Dallas the first time I left it, so I know I'll miss it again when I'm in Seoul.

Update on Casey to Korea: I have my flight ready for the 27th. Still no word on a Visa Issuance Number...I go to Chicago and then from Chicago to Incheon. Last time I went to Korea my route was from DFW to San Fran to Incheon. Dunno how I feel about flying in the wrong direction.... But it's Korean Air which is pretty comfy so let's hope I can sleep on the plane or at least find enough stuff to keep me entertained (movies, crosswords, books, iPods). Being an only child, I'd find ways to amuse myself in the backseat during looooooong road trips. However, I will try to be more considerate of the airplane passengers and not sing at the top of my lungs to my iPod, whereas I would belt out tunes from Lion King and Aladdin on my walkman hours on end from Indianapolis to Huntsville, Alabama. But I can't promise no humming.

No comments:

Post a Comment