Monday, December 7, 2009

Adult Education

Waiting for my kids to line up for Library Class (yes this is a class where kids check out a book, read it, and then take a quiz on it) I eavesdropped on a conversation:

Jasmin: You cannot kiss when you are married in a church.

Louis: Yes you can! My parents marry in church and then they kiss.

Jasmin: No, you cannot kiss.

Sera: No, Louis is right. You can kiss when you marry.

Jack: No no. You get marry and then you go to love motel and kiss. Right, Casey?

I just look at them dumbstruck.

How do kindergarten students know what a love motel is?? For those outside of Asia, love motels serve several different purposes, emphasis on LOVE and not so much the "motel" part. Although I do know plenty of new teachers who have had to shack up in these places for the first part of their stay in Korea. Apparently you get a choice selection of "movies," "toys," and contraceptives.

Like I said, my kids are too smart for their own good...

No comments:

Post a Comment